lundi, octobre 30, 2006

I Hate My Job Today

I live in Minnesota, and I hate my job today.

I’ll be here in beautiful, bucolic and bountiful Bloomington, Minnesota, in view of the Mall of America*.

I’ll participate on conference calls.

I’ll send and receive phone calls.

I’ll send and receive email messages.

During a sanctioned break, I’ll tour the blogosphere, making a comment or two.

But my heart won’t be in it.

First, at noon, my heart will be in downtown Minneapolis at the Border’s bookstore.

Then, around 5:00, my heart will be in Rochester, Minnesota, where that amazing man will be stumping for Senate candidate Amy Klobuchar and Tim Walz.

That’s right, only 1.5 hours away, the next President of the United States, will winning hearts and minds, and I’ll be in Bloomington, watching the sun set** on our shrine to commerce.

“Stupid job. I hate you job. You’re so stupid today.”

“No, I don’t have to. Just get away from me.”

“Dumb, stupid, horrible job.”




*To be more precise, I can only see the parking ramp on the east side of the Mall.

**I think the sun sets at about 2:17 p.m. today.