lundi, octobre 10, 2005

Republicans are Dumber than Democrats

Before I get to today's very brief post, I just want to say that I'm devastated by the news of the earthquake. 30,800 dead. There are no words, and I am just a silly blogger. Still, I keep thinking about the scale of it, and I find it overwhelming.

It is also sad to me how natural disasters have a "scale for developed nations", and a "scale for developing nations." On the wake of the worst natural disaster in American history, this earthquake in India and Pakistan, and its devastation, stand as stark reminders of how privileged we are.


Anyway, Republicans are dumber than Democrats

On Saturday night, we were driving home from a bonfire at a local park (good times, good times) and ended up behind a car with the following bumper sticker:

"Remember to Vote on November 2nd - Lets all turn out to flush the John's"

And not to be Gus the Grammar Guru, but...come on people! If you're going to print something more than a few times, why not take a moment to review apostrophe usage? "Lets"? "John's"?

The John's what?

And don't get me started on the guy driving the car. But let me just say this - his economic interests are not being served by the Bush Cheney ticket.