mercredi, novembre 23, 2005

I'm Thankful...

On the eve of Thanksgiving day
Allow me a moment just to say
A few words and then a few more
Outlining what I’m thankful for


I’m thankful for my little girl
Her constant motion, her twist her twirl
Her smile, her sass, her spirit’s shine
And quiet nights, her hand in mine

I’m thankful for the blogosphere
And those within it I hold dear
You’ll find them here and here and here
And here and here and here and here

I read this blog and this one too
You know the 'landaz, that's my crew
I visit here; and though my state's blue
I read the right, ick and ew.

I'm thankful when folks say “gee whiz”
And see things as they really is
Our national situation is dire
And our “President’s” a liar.

I’m thankful folks ain’t all dumb
I’m thankful that the pendulum
Has finished its swing to the right
And is heading left: “dy-no-mite!

I’m thankful for the times when we
Across this richly blessed country
Recognize that we must share
And demonstrate how we can care

I’m thankful that I’m not a jerk
I’m thankful I have solid work
I’m thankful we have enough to eat
I’m thankful that my home has heat

I’m thankful for the life I lead
I’m thankful for the books I read
I’m thankful for the discs I spin
For the art world and all therein

But more than anything in my life
I’m thankful for my loving wife
Who supports every thing I do
Who shows her love for me is true

Who tolerates book club, poetry group, blogs
Who sleeps soundly while I saw logs
Who reads each draft of things I write
And holds me closely every night

And oh, dear readers, by the way,
I have one other thing to say
I’m thankful for each and every single one of you*,
Here's hoping your Thanksgiving is wonderful (times two).



* = My twin brother (the handsome smart one), LJC (!), Aerenchyma, Andrew, Crys, Dirty, erinberry, Jinx, JO, Kathy, thekeez, Sabatkes, SJ, TK and all the 'landaz: Panda, Mistor H, HAL, DJS, D.O.N, Bass Babe; as well as readers I don't know about and anyone out there I may have missed. I appreciate you; thank you; enjoy your day.