samedi, janvier 21, 2006

Proof I'm Getting Old (as if it were needed...)

"Daddy can you get me a lemon bread and Mommy a coffee? Please."

TinyE 01.21.06


On Saturdays and Sundays, it's not unusual for me to go to our local Caribou Coffee to get The Gardener a large skim mocha and to get TinyE a slice of lemon poppy seed bread. I'm not a coffee drinker myself. But I'm not above the occassional decaf espresso (say it right!) after a nice meal.

This morning, I listened to a sublime mixed tape (a.k.a. mixed CD) that a friend gave me earlier this week.

Anyway, Caribou Coffee has a trivia question. If you answer it correctly, you get ten cents off your beverage. Last year, I almost made it the whole year without missing a question, but I was stymied by this arcane query - "Which two days are the busiest shopping days of the year?" I should also add that I did refuse to answer the trivia question one weekend morning when it was "What fifteen seed upset the Kansas Jayhawks in the first round of the NCAA basketball tournament yesterday?"

This morning, the trivia question was:

"Even though Joey Stivic's father was a meathead, can you name is grandfather?"

I answered "Archie Bunker" for my ten cent discount. The clerk, a nice young woman who always teases me for being there early because my daughter wakes me early, said: "that's right, even though I have no idea who that is."




*Oh, my bad: the answer is the Friday and Saturday before Christmas.