vendredi, avril 21, 2006

Friday Firsts

Thanks to Mary of MaryandKiran (a great Minnesota blog) for the easy Friday post.

1. Who was your first prom date? Cathy S. (last names withheld). She was a Senior and on the debate team with me, and she invited me even though I was a sophomore.

2. Who was your first roommate(s)? Shane C. I am eternally grateful to him. He taught me two things: work hard FIRST, then play hard (in fact you will play harder because you will be unburdened); and try to get a 90% instead of a 100% and use your energy for other things.

3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink the first time you got drunk? Gin. It’s why I still do not drink it to this day.

4. What was your first job? Dishwasher. Yeah, uh huh, I got fired.

5. What was your first car? 1978 Ford Mustang II (stick it haters!)

6. When did you go to your first funeral? 1975 – when my dad died.

7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown? 8 when we moved as a family from KC to Wichita.

8. Who was your first grade teacher? I didn’t have one.

9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? Boston, MA (I think).

10. When did you sneak out of your house for the first time, who was it with? Tempest S.

11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them? My brother. Yes, very much so.

12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house? JRP Hall on the bucolic campus of Kansas University

13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? I don’t really have bad days, and I have the horrible habit of being very quiet when I do. So, I don’t call anyone.

14. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid/groomsman? Todd M’s. I was 18 or 19.

15. What is the first thing you do in the morning? Turn on Sportscenter (okay, it’s the SECOND thing I do).

16. What was the first concert you ever went to? UB40 opened for the Police at Kansas Coliseum.

17. First tattoo or piercing? I’ll keep you posted. Duf is mutilation free.

18. First celebrity crush? Farrah Fawcett. I know, lame. But I was young, and it’s who all the boys were crushing on.

19. Age of first kiss? It was a girl down the street named Tonya, and I would guess I was 12 or 13.

20. First crush? Nichole B. in second grade. She wore pantyhose!

21. First time you did drugs? I’ll keep you posted. Duf is drug free to this point. If I ever become experienced I’m pretty much obligated to do it with Martin D., Carrie F. and Andrea K. (and they've probably retired from the game).