jeudi, mai 25, 2006

Suffice It to Say I Don't Like Double Albums or Network Administrators

So I had this totally boss post written about why double albums are no good. I talked about double albums by Outkast, Smashing Pumpkins, Wilco (who has two), Red Hot Chili Peppers, LCD Soundsystem and Ben Harper.

I talked about how there are some good ones (Outkast, Wilco (both) and RHCP), but most double albums fail because they are self-important, and few fun things are enjoyable for two hours or more.

I listed out some things that are fun for more than two hours:

Golf (fun for up to four hours and 15 minutes)
Reading (fun for days and days)
Writing (fun for 3 to 4 hours)
Movies (fun for up to 3 hours, but only rarely)
Arts & Crafts (except knitting which should only be enjoyed in small doses)

I specificially did not list out other things that, though fun, are not fun for two hours:

(which shall remain nameless)

But the main thing is, I was clever and funny and witty and grammatically sound. I was tight. It was, quite possibly, my best post ever (at least my best post without photos or lengthy, lengthy quotations).

Anyway, whilst I was at lunch, our Network Administrator entered my office (don't hate) without my permission, and gave me an updated docking station for my laptop - it's more ergonomically sound than my last docking station, and I should be happy, but dude totally deleted my art, man. And I can't recreate art; I was in a zone when I created that art.

Suffice it to say that I don't like double albums, and we're now looking for a new network administrator.