I'm Pretty Sure that in a Past Life I was Russian
Yep. It’s true, and yes, I feel weird saying it. But I’ve really come to think it’s true. Here’re ten reasons why:
1. I love Russian literature.
2. When I was in college, as a Political Science major, I studied Sovietology.
3. I love vodka innately.
4. I moved from Kansas to Minnesota (perhaps for a climate that more closely resembles the one I knew in the past).
5. To me, the sexiest accent of all is the Russian accent.
6. When I was in high school, I listened to Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake every day (literally). I love it innately. I love Tchaikovsky in general (especially his Variations on a Rococo theme (I also love the cello)).
7. I love Matryoshka dolls, and own a set featuring Russian leaders.
8. In general I have an affinity for Eastern Europe. For example, I really like the Polish director Krzysztof Kieslowski.
9. I have Socialist tendencies.
10. I really want to visit Russia, especially Moscow and St. Petersburg.
A little weird for a black kid from Kansas, no?
Also, to add a little but of nuts to this heaping serving of crazy, I think I died in a muddy battle field. This would explain my fear of mud (I really am afraid of mud).