vendredi, décembre 02, 2005

7

Cross-posted on Pandyland (with minor revisions).

7 Celebrity crushes: Katrina Vanden Heuvel, Lily Taylor, Miranda July, Arriana Huffington, Zadie Smith, Polly Jean Harvey, and…alright, alright, alright…Amanda Plummer.

7 Things I'm good at: Writing, enjoying myself on a golf course, having crushes, holiday letters, eating french fries/donuts, laughing, and ordering pretentious drinks without pretension.

7 Things I plan to do before I die: Go to Ireland, write a novel, go to Japan, learn how to downhill ski, golf the three Pebble Beach courses, own a ridiculous/sublime car, dance at my daughter’s wedding.

7 Things I cannot do: hit a three iron straight/well, drive 55, read “Get Your War On” without laughing, turn down french fries/donuts, the Sunday New York Times Crossword puzzle, skip the hit ABC show Wifeswap, hold back tears when observing something very sad or very happy.

7 Things that attract me to the opposite sex: kindness/compassion, intelligence, wit, softness (the physical/skin kind), curviness, passion (defined broadly) and wile.

7 Things I say often: “George Bush will be remembered by objective observers as the worst President ever to hold the office.” “How do you ask politely?/Use your indoor voice/No whining/Sit down, honey/Two reasons: first because __________, and second because I told you to.” “What was the question?” “Stick it haters.” “Best. ______. Ever.” “You could put me in a room, show me a prominent persuasive speaker, give me books to read, lecture me with a PowerPoint, and I’d still never get it.” “Brillant. Cheers.” Runner up: “I see a tension between…”