jeudi, décembre 28, 2006

Greetings of the Season; or: The Vacation Notice I Should have Posted a Week Ago

Dear Readers,

Hello from vactionland (a.k.a. St. Paul, Minnesota)!

Santa was good to us.

My favorite Christmas gift received was Philip Roth's "American Pastoral" - I've had a surprisingly hard time finding it. A close second was homemade shortbread cookies from my brother-in-law.

My favorite gift given was a future in a rare Peruvian orchid that I got for my wife. If it continues to grow, in April she will have a nice orchid. If not, then she'll have a nice gift certificate to a wonderful orchid nursery.

Tell me in comments: what was your favorite gift (given and/or received)?

We're resting up for our return to work and school in early January.

We're reading the paper and gathering lots of blog fodder (Gerald Ford (R.I.P.), undocumented workers at Swift, Edwards tossing his hat in, Dreamgirls (I didn't like it)).

We're running errands and doing all the things we find it so hard to do while working and raising one little girl.

We're hoping your holidays are wonderful...

...and looking forward to returning in January.

"See" you then.

Happy New Year,

Duf