mardi, janvier 02, 2007

Welcome Back, Duffer

Today was my last day of vacation; I go back to work tomorrow. I’m actually looking forward to heading back to the office.

I did not realize until the middle of last week how absolutely exhausted I was. I found myself sleeping in until past 8:00 on multiple consecutive days – I NEVER do that.

But my batteries feel recharged now (although my legs weigh a tone right now).

Today, when almost everyone returned to the office, I went sledding with TinyE.

It was a blast, but let me share this bit of wisdom from the hills:

What goes down must come up. The longer the ride down; the longer the walk up. Two hours of sledding is a mighty workout.

On a completely unrelated note: I listened to most of the Ford memorial service. I can’t really say why, but I always liked Gerald R. Hearing Bush’s story about how Ford stood up against segregation during his time at Michigan somehow confirmed the whole thing. But hearing Bush eulogize him and talk about his integrity and honesty also made me nostalgic for a simpler time*.


*And you know you’re in dire straits if you look back on post-Watergate/fall of Saigon days as “a simpler time.”